- Will my Insurance rates go up if I do indeed file a claim?
- Maybe, weather related losses are not held against individual insureds. If the county you live in has numerous losses, rates could go up, even for those who don’t even file a claim.
- Can my insurance company refuse to renew my policy if i file a claim?
- “A company cannot refuse to renew your policy because of weather-related claims. It can decline to renew a policy, however, if you have three or more non-weather related claims in a three year period” courtesy of the Texas Department of insurance at www.tdi.state.tx.us
- My insurance company paid for a new roof, but depreciated a large amount, why?
- Most policies will pay you for the cost to replace the roof (r.c.v.) less your deductible. The depreciation is recoverable once you select a contractor or the work has been completed.